WELCOME TO SANSKRIT FUNDAMENTALS!
This course will follow two Sanskrit primers: The Sanskrit Language: An Introductory Grammar and Reader by Walter Harding Maurer and Devavāṇīipraveśikā: An Introduction to the Sanskrit Language by Robert P. Goldman and Sally J. Sutherland Goldman. Students will move through the lessons on their own and watch the recorded videos to go over the Sanskrit to English translation exercises, moving through each lesson of the two primers.
What You’ll Learn in This Course:
- Sanskrit alpha-syllabary (alphabet)
- Proper Pronunciation (Phonology)
- Devanāgarī Script
- International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration (IAST)
- Some Spoken Sanskrit
- Sarasvatī Invocation
- Nondual Invocation to the Divine
- Sanskrit Proverbs (subhāṣitas)
- Sandhi, Parts of Speech, and Sentence Structure
- Gendered Nouns
- Verbal and Nominal Paradigms
- Present, Past, and Future Tense
Please feel welcome to connect and ask questions on The Tantrika Online Forums!